Truhoo: An all-in-one real estate platform
Discover how we helped a Spanish entrepreneur develop a multiplatform, SEO-friendly, and GDPR-compliant real estate solution with advanced functionality and a scalable technology base.
September 2019 – April 2022
About the client
Our client is a successful entrepreneur who started a new project for the Spanish real estate market, attained investment, and chose Yalantis to implement the concept.
Learn more about our client’s experience working with us
Alongside ensuring GDPR compliance for the European market and optimizing search engine visibility to achieve organic growth of the user base, our objectives for this project were to:
- elicit requirements and identify possible risks for the multiplatform real estate solution
- build a solution with a scalable and fault-tolerant architecture that meets project requirements, constraints, and market peculiarities
- implement competitive functionality such as 3D tours, advanced property search, multi-language support, and more
Conducting discovery analysis
To set the development direction with end users’ needs and market trends in mind, we:
- elicited and prioritized requirements
- conducted competitor analysis of top real estate platforms
- consulted with a real estate agent as a subject matter expert
Designing the solution architecture
At the client’s request, we developed a secure, cloud-based, and scalable solution with:
- a modular microservices architecture and cost-efficient infrastructure
- the ability to process and store huge volumes of media data with AWS Lambda
- out-of-the-box localization support for all system components
- a fault-tolerant key–value store managed by AWS for temporary data like access tokens and request counters
- integration with third-party services for real estate agency background checks, a 3D tour feature, mapping, and payments
- centralized logging and monitoring of hardware, application, and business metrics for further analysis
- a single entry point for any type of client (web, iOS, Android)
- reusable REST API endpoints for any type of client
Conducting search engine optimization
Our client wanted to ensure a fast influx of users to the platform. We followed recommendations from an SEO agency and implemented:
- Angular Universal, as it allows for uploading page content on the server side so that an SEO bot can see it
- a URL building approach to avoid query parameters in URLs while using search filters
- a URL parsing mechanism to implement the required type of URLs
- Open Graph meta tags to automatically represent an image and description while sharing links
- a parsing mechanism that, in response to receiving the robots.txt file, sees pages that are not to be indexed and puts the noindex tag in them
- a dynamic XML sitemap to properly reflect the state of the site for search engines
Delivering competitive functionality
The product includes the following features:
- Streamlined UI/UX. We reduced clicks by simplifying and shortening the user flow and ensured a consistent brand identity and user experience across web and mobile versions.
- 3D tours. Truhoo 3D tours display floor plans and 3D property models. Users can record virtual tours with audio narration to give context to potential buyers and tenants.
- Advanced property search. Easy-to-configure search allows users to apply over 50 filters that consider characteristics of a property and its surrounding environment.
- Optimized media service. The platform is capable of simultaneously uploading up to 50 images each up to 20MB in size for any real estate listing via an optimized media service.
- Protection from scams. We implemented mechanisms to validate every agency before registering it on the platform. Cadastral numbers are also used to ensure information accuracy.
- Multi-language support. Spanish- and English-speaking users have access to all information in their native language, which simplifies the process of buying, selling, and renting properties.
Ensuring GDPR compliance
We ensured GDPR compliance for the EU market.
- All legal documents have versioning and can be edited from the admin panel.
- Users can subscribe to and unsubscribe from commercial communications.
- Users can request their accounts be removed.
The result of our cooperation with Truhoo is a full-functioning product that is:
filled with functionality according to market needs
more user-friendly and faster than competitors’ platforms
in full legal compliance and protects users from scams
ready for marketing activities and SEO-friendly
WIN THE COMPETITION WITH A COMPREHENSIVE REAL ESTATE PLATFORM
Yalantis will help your business build a scalable product capable of dominating the market with top-notch functionality and a reliable technology base
A SaaS device management platform that simplifies setup and maintenance of large IoT networks
BaaS for a wealth management platform
A user-friendly and scalable wealth management platform with digital banking functionality
Energy consumption management system
An application for energy consumption monitoring